Cicely sees clients in person in Wyomissing on Saturdays, and evenings during the week virtually. Her rate is $90-$100 per 50-minute session.
What Cicely says:
I am driven and inspired by the opportunity to support individuals who are trying to do their best but feel like they are coming up short of where they want to be. I work primarily with parents of teens, emerging adults and young adults
I provide a space to allow individuals to express their struggles without judgement.
In my office, you are allowed to:
- Challenge society’s definition of what success should look like
- Define your household’s composition to what works for you
- Explore your needs as a parent, adolescent, student, spouse, etc.
- Navigate through your upbringing to see how much of that is impacting how you are trying to live today
- Set boundaries
- View the connections between relationships, past and present
With the teen population, I provide a space for teens to:
- Be heard during a period of development when no one listens
- Ask questions without anyone jumping into panic mode or to conclusions
- Work on communication skills to prepare to have those mature and adult conversations
- Set and respect boundaries
- Balance the conflicting expectations of dependency and independency
As my clients often hear me say, “Life can be HARD and there is no instruction manual!” Let’s chat and normalize some of these stressors and feelings.
Some of my background … My name is Cicely (pronounced just like the actress or like the island off Italy’s mainland). I am originally from Berks County, PA and have lived here my entire life, with dreams and plans to relocate but life (and possibly fate) has kept me where I am. I have lived experiences in various social and cultural margins: Female, Multiracial, African American, Native American and raised in a low-income home in an affluent area. I live locally with my three children, and husband. My ex-husband, with whom we co-parent, lives relatively close by. I use my life experience paired with my education to create a supportive counseling atmosphere where the goal is to ensure that my clients feel heard and seen! Humor and safety are important components of my life and therefore are integral components of my treatment.
As for some clinical jargon: I am a narrative therapist by nature and conceptualize through that lens. I use motivational interviewing, solution focused, REBT and DBT methods and interventions. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I offer a 15-minute free consultation prior to booking. I meet with clients in person in Wyomissing on Saturdays. I also meet online in the evenings during the week, call or check online for availability.